5 classes was mistake
10/25/2020 9:19:04 PM
Admin
SUBSCRIBER
I’m in the process of creating all the virtual meets for district coverage this week, and it’s crazy how watered down the lower classes are now. The number 15th ranked boy in Class 4 District 2 is 19:03, and they would be ranked 8th in District 7. Nothing against the kids running that, but are 19:00 boys 5K times really deserving of qualifying to the state meet? Illinois is a significantly larger state and only has 3 classes. Why do we have 5? Multiple districts in Class 1 can’t even field 3 full teams. It’s just bizarre to me that we are going to have boys qualifying to state that wouldn’t medal in the Class 5 Girls race.
I'm in the process of creating all the virtual meets for district coverage this week, and it's crazy how watered down the lower classes are now.

The number 15th ranked boy in Class 4 District 2 is 19:03, and they would be ranked 8th in District 7. Nothing against the kids running that, but are 19:00 boys 5K times really deserving of qualifying to the state meet?

Illinois is a significantly larger state and only has 3 classes. Why do we have 5? Multiple districts in Class 1 can't even field 3 full teams. It's just bizarre to me that we are going to have boys qualifying to state that wouldn't medal in the Class 5 Girls race.

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.