RayPec Invitational (current plan for our 38 teams on Sept 12th)
08/11/2020 3:03:26 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Good Afternoon, We had sent out some preliminary survey questions via email and have been working diligently towards flexible/progressive thinking in hopes of salvaging our seasons this year. While we would rather not make any of these modifications, we do feel they are a pretty good comprise given the current state of the world we live in. Feel free to use any of these modifications and by all means, let me know if you have any further questions, concerns, or suggestions as we continue to try and offer these hardworking athletes the event (and season) they deserve. Below is the most recent correspondence I've sent out to our invited teams (we are full) along with the meet information [url=https://www.raypec.k12.mo.us/DocumentCenter/View/20586](Click Here)[/url] and current wave assignments [url=https://www.raypec.k12.mo.us/DocumentCenter/View/20585](Click Here)[/url]. This is a "working document", so changes will inevitably be made between now and September 12th, but we hope this at least gives our teams a good idea of what to expect. Hope everyone's seasons are off to a great start! ________________________________________________________________________ Coaches, Firstly, I hope all is well and your seasons are off to a great start! As we all know, things can change drastically overnight, but I wanted to get this information out to you as soon as possible. In this correspondence, I've included most of the important information you will need to get prepared for the 2020 RayPec Invite, Sept 12th (we are still waiting on confirmation of spectator regulations). While we would rather not make any modifications to this event, change is inevitable for this year. Our plan is to move forward with the following recommended changes in order to provide the safest possible venue for our athletes, coaches, and spectators (if allowed) while still providing a competitive, memorable, and fun experience for everyone. Please read over the attachments carefully (Information Sheet and Wave Assignments) and let me know if you have any questions, concerns, or suggestions to improve on our current proposal. Stay Safe :) Recommended Changes - No awards ceremony (awards mailed/delivered the following week) - Completely changing the course to allow for "wave" starts - Starting races every 5 minutes (40 to 50 runners per wave) - Grouping "like" teams into smaller races/waves to allow teams to arrive, warm up, race and leave in under 2 hours. - Wave assignments based LOOSELY on travel times and competitiveness - Compiling the waves into the same divisions we've still had in the past (small and large schools), though teams may have different start times and possibly different racing conditions - Widening/Eliminating the finish corral to allow athletes to disperse more easily - Limiting the number of fans allowed on the course - Masks worn at all times unless currently running (MSHSAA is recommending all athletes wear "gaiter-style" masks) - Gate workers taking temps as athletes, coaches, and fans enter - Coaches collecting and returning all chips (like we used to do) so that the timing company limits their contact as well - Athletes/Teams must bring their own water (water not provided at the finish line unlike in our past events) - Limiting large schools to 10 varsity, 10 JV, and 10 C-team runners and limiting small schools to 10 varsity, and 10 JV. You could run fewer than 10 in these races, but no more than 10 per race. For the larger teams, that would mean a max of 30 runners per gender while the small schools would be allowed 20 per gender.
Good Afternoon,

We had sent out some preliminary survey questions via email and have been working diligently towards flexible/progressive thinking in hopes of salvaging our seasons this year. While we would rather not make any of these modifications, we do feel they are a pretty good comprise given the current state of the world we live in. Feel free to use any of these modifications and by all means, let me know if you have any further questions, concerns, or suggestions as we continue to try and offer these hardworking athletes the event (and season) they deserve.

Below is the most recent correspondence I've sent out to our invited teams (we are full) along with the meet information (Click Here) and current wave assignments (Click Here). This is a "working document", so changes will inevitably be made between now and September 12th, but we hope this at least gives our teams a good idea of what to expect.

Hope everyone's seasons are off to a great start!

Coaches,

Firstly, I hope all is well and your seasons are off to a great start! As we all know, things can change drastically overnight, but I wanted to get this information out to you as soon as possible. In this correspondence, I've included most of the important information you will need to get prepared for the 2020 RayPec Invite, Sept 12th (we are still waiting on confirmation of spectator regulations). While we would rather not make any modifications to this event, change is inevitable for this year. Our plan is to move forward with the following recommended changes in order to provide the safest possible venue for our athletes, coaches, and spectators (if allowed) while still providing a competitive, memorable, and fun experience for everyone. Please read over the attachments carefully (Information Sheet and Wave Assignments) and let me know if you have any questions, concerns, or suggestions to improve on our current proposal.

Stay Safe :)

Recommended Changes
* No awards ceremony (awards mailed/delivered the following week)

* Completely changing the course to allow for "wave" starts

* Starting races every 5 minutes (40 to 50 runners per wave)

* Grouping "like" teams into smaller races/waves to allow teams to arrive, warm up, race and leave in under 2 hours.

* Wave assignments based LOOSELY on travel times and competitiveness

* Compiling the waves into the same divisions we've still had in the past (small and large schools), though teams may have different start times and possibly different racing conditions

* Widening/Eliminating the finish corral to allow athletes to disperse more easily

* Limiting the number of fans allowed on the course

* Masks worn at all times unless currently running (MSHSAA is recommending all athletes wear "gaiter-style" masks)

* Gate workers taking temps as athletes, coaches, and fans enter

* Coaches collecting and returning all chips (like we used to do) so that the timing company limits their contact as well

* Athletes/Teams must bring their own water (water not provided at the finish line unlike in our past events)

* Limiting large schools to 10 varsity, 10 JV, and 10 C-team runners and limiting small schools to 10 varsity, and 10 JV. You could run fewer than 10 in these races, but no more than 10 per race. For the larger teams, that would mean a max of 30 runners per gender while the small schools would be allowed 20 per gender.
08/31/2020 11:02:56 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Thankful that fans (in limited numbers) will be able to watch. If anything XC meets should allow fans (at least parents of runners) as long as they mask up and keep their social distance from one another. Thanks for mapping out some good guidelines. Hope RayPec has a great meet on Sept 12th!
Thankful that fans (in limited numbers) will be able to watch. If anything XC meets should allow fans (at least parents of runners) as long as they mask up and keep their social distance from one another. Thanks for mapping out some good guidelines. Hope RayPec has a great meet on Sept 12th!

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.