state Qualifiers
10/26/2019 4:54:42 PM
User
If a team is 5th at Districts but qualified 5 individuals, they can Still score as a team at Sectionals Without a 6th or 7th runner. If they place in the top 4 at Sectionals as a team to go to State, can they bring back their 6th and 7th runners for State?
If a team is 5th at Districts but qualified 5 individuals, they can
Still score as a team at Sectionals
Without a 6th or 7th runner. If they place in the top 4 at Sectionals as a team to go to State, can they bring back their 6th and 7th runners for State?
10/27/2019 1:34:23 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@spike75 Yes, I believe so.
@spike75

Yes, I believe so.
10/27/2019 9:46:28 PM
User
SUBSCRIBER
Yes, you compete as a team but only those runners who qualified are eligible to compete... see below from the 2019 MSHSAA XC Manua... From one (1) to seven (7) runners may represent a school in the meets. The first five runners from each school to finish shall be counted in determining the team score. If, on the rare occasion, a school qualifies five or more individuals to the next level of competition, the school shall compete as a team at the next level with those runners who have qualified only. They do not get the same privileges as a team placing in the Top 4 in Class 4 or the Top 2 in Classes 1, 2, and 3.
Yes, you compete as a team but only those runners who qualified are eligible to compete... see below from the 2019 MSHSAA XC Manua...

From one (1) to seven (7) runners may represent a school in the meets. The first five runners from each school to finish shall be counted in determining the team score. If, on the rare occasion, a school qualifies five or more individuals to the next level of competition, the school shall compete as a team at the next level with those runners who have qualified only. They do not get the same privileges as a team placing in the Top 4 in Class 4 or the Top 2 in Classes 1, 2, and 3.
10/27/2019 10:06:10 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
No, CoachSwift is correct. This time a team qualified so the the school could run any 7 runners on their roster at the next level. Now if they had 5 runners advance, then only those 5 could run at the next level.
No, CoachSwift is correct. This time a team qualified so the the school could run any 7 runners on their roster at the next level.
Now if they had 5 runners advance, then only those 5 could run at the next level.
10/28/2019 6:46:53 AM
User
SUBSCRIBER
Yep, you're right... i misread the last part of the question and addressed only the part about who is eligible to compete at sectionals.
Yep, you're right... i misread the last part of the question and addressed only the part about who is eligible to compete at sectionals.

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.