Jerseys vrs race numbers
03/29/2018 12:41:01 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Has anyone come up with a good way to remove the race number glue that has stayed on the uniforms after being washed and dried.
Has anyone come up with a good way to remove the race number glue that has stayed on the uniforms after being washed and dried.
04/03/2018 11:38:22 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
I have a parent on my team who does this. I have no idea how she does it. I give her a bag full of uniforms at the end of every season and in a couple days she returns them to me perfectly clean. I guess I should ask how she does it!
I have a parent on my team who does this. I have no idea how she does it. I give her a bag full of uniforms at the end of every season and in a couple days she returns them to me perfectly clean. I guess I should ask how she does it!
04/03/2018 12:53:19 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Spray and wash and a lot of scrubbing is all that's worked for me...and you can still vaguely see the outline. Ugh...
Spray and wash and a lot of scrubbing is all that's worked for me...and you can still vaguely see the outline. Ugh...
04/03/2018 6:33:52 PM
Coach
Adhesives in the stickers are long chains of proteins, meaning long nonpolar molecules. So you need something more nonpolar than your typical detergent to remove it or heat to denature the proteins. A good easy thing that most people have around the house that fits the bill is WD40. Let soak for 20-30 seconds and it scrubs off pretty quickly as the adhesive is attracted to the lubricant that comes right off. Treat with some dawn or similar soap to avoid any grease stain afterwards.
Adhesives in the stickers are long chains of proteins, meaning long nonpolar molecules. So you need something more nonpolar than your typical detergent to remove it or heat to denature the proteins.

A good easy thing that most people have around the house that fits the bill is WD40. Let soak for 20-30 seconds and it scrubs off pretty quickly as the adhesive is attracted to the lubricant that comes right off. Treat with some dawn or similar soap to avoid any grease stain afterwards.
04/03/2018 6:33:54 PM
Coach
Adhesives in the stickers are long chains of proteins, meaning long nonpolar molecules. So you need something more nonpolar than your typical detergent to remove it or heat to denature the proteins. A good easy thing that most people have around the house that fits the bill is WD40. Let soak for 20-30 seconds and it scrubs off pretty quickly as the adhesive is attracted to the lubricant that comes right off. Treat with some dawn or similar soap to avoid any grease stain afterwards.
Adhesives in the stickers are long chains of proteins, meaning long nonpolar molecules. So you need something more nonpolar than your typical detergent to remove it or heat to denature the proteins.

A good easy thing that most people have around the house that fits the bill is WD40. Let soak for 20-30 seconds and it scrubs off pretty quickly as the adhesive is attracted to the lubricant that comes right off. Treat with some dawn or similar soap to avoid any grease stain afterwards.
04/03/2018 9:02:49 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Words of wisdom. If you are confronted with a problem and it can't be fixed with Duct Tape or WD-40, it just can't be fixed/;-)
Words of wisdom. If you are confronted with a problem and it can't be fixed with Duct Tape or WD-40, it just can't be fixed/
04/03/2018 9:54:55 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@JimBeatty You forgot screwdriver, hammer and #9 wire but at your age I understand.
@JimBeatty
You forgot screwdriver, hammer and #9 wire but at your age I understand.
04/03/2018 10:13:29 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
I resemble that last remark!
I resemble that last remark!
04/05/2018 12:06:21 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
I did not believe this when I heard it, but it works... A kid on our team says his mom uses vegetable oil spray (like what you would use for cooking). I thought that surely this would stain the uniforms but it doesn't I took home all of our uniforms after state track last year and it totally worked. Spray it on, let it soak for a little bit and then the gooey sticker residue rubs right off. Just toss in the wash as normal right after that. Try it on an old JV uniform or something first if you don't believe me. I was skeptical at first but I'm telling you that it works and is super easy.
I did not believe this when I heard it, but it works... A kid on our team says his mom uses vegetable oil spray (like what you would use for cooking). I thought that surely this would stain the uniforms but it doesn't I took home all of our uniforms after state track last year and it totally worked. Spray it on, let it soak for a little bit and then the gooey sticker residue rubs right off. Just toss in the wash as normal right after that.

Try it on an old JV uniform or something first if you don't believe me. I was skeptical at first but I'm telling you that it works and is super easy.
04/08/2018 1:13:44 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Thank you for you success stories. I will put them into affect on our jerseys. (WD 40)We have a winner. All the glue is off these jerseys. Thank You
Thank you for you success stories. I will put them into affect on our jerseys. (WD 40)We have a winner. All the glue is off these
jerseys. Thank You

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.