Sophia Rivera : #3 All-Time in Javelin
04/18/2016 10:52:00 PM
User
SUBSCRIBER
Sophia had a great day today at the Brentwood Invitational... She hit 51-5 in the shot (new school record), 151-5 in the discus, and 180-4 in the javelin. That javelin mark exceeds the Olympic Trials qualifying distance of 177-2. Thankfully we had a MSHSAA-certified starter who verified the javelin mark. I know I'm her mom and I'm reluctant to be overly boastful, but today's marks have to be among the best one-day throwing performances ever. We're very proud of her!
Sophia had a great day today at the Brentwood Invitational... She hit 51-5 in the shot (new school record), 151-5 in the discus, and 180-4 in the javelin. That javelin mark exceeds the Olympic Trials qualifying distance of 177-2. Thankfully we had a MSHSAA-certified starter who verified the javelin mark.

I know I'm her mom and I'm reluctant to be overly boastful, but today's marks have to be among the best one-day throwing performances ever.

We're very proud of her!
04/18/2016 11:13:15 PM
User
Nice!! Be proud! I don't know anything about throwing, but I know what it takes to get a kid where she is.......commitment and support from a family. Good work! Promoting your child when her hard work pays off is hardly boastful in my book.
Nice!! Be proud! I don't know anything about throwing, but I know what it takes to get a kid where she is.......commitment and support from a family. Good work! Promoting your child when her hard work pays off is hardly boastful in my book.
04/20/2016 9:13:28 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Congrats! An outstanding job by any measure!
Congrats! An outstanding job by any measure!
04/20/2016 10:03:52 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Incredible, congrats to her hope to watch her represent USA one day soon. Coach Frank De Soto Track and Field
Incredible, congrats to her hope to watch her represent USA one day soon.

Coach Frank
De Soto Track and Field
04/20/2016 2:12:48 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
180 feet?!?! That is simply amazing! I'm hopeful she will be able to throw the javelin at the state "exhibition" and I'm hopeful that her mark will count as the state record going forward!
180 feet?!?! That is simply amazing! I'm hopeful she will be able to throw the javelin at the state "exhibition" and I'm hopeful that her mark will count as the state record going forward!
04/20/2016 4:07:13 PM
User
SUBSCRIBER
@CoachSwift That's the plan - Javelin is at 2pm on Friday the 20th for Class 2 girls. She's looking forward to being able to share her love for the javelin with Missouri. We can't thank MSHSAA enough for helping get the exhibition enabled this year!
@CoachSwift

That's the plan - Javelin is at 2pm on Friday the 20th for Class 2 girls. She's looking forward to being able to share her love for the javelin with Missouri. We can't thank MSHSAA enough for helping get the exhibition enabled this year!
04/21/2016 10:06:36 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Make certain the performances are turned in to TRXC. That is the performance list MSHSAA is collecting information from.
Make certain the performances are turned in to TRXC. That is the performance list MSHSAA is collecting information from.
04/21/2016 11:12:15 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
[quote=CoachTerry]Make certain the performances are turned in to TRXC. That is the performance list MSHSAA is collecting information from.[/quote] @CoachTerry To add to Coach Terry. If your meet manager is using Hy-Tek, then they can dump the results into the TRXC database and the performance list will be IMMEDIATELY updated. If the meet manager is not using Hy-Tek or does not dump them in, then the head coach has access to enter the marks manually. Be careful with this because if the meet is already in the system and you put in an entry then that entry will overwrite the first. No problem unless there is a typo involved. See the Class 1 girls 4X4. Anybody can look at the performance list. It is not just for head coaches or a paid subscription. If you do not see the performance in the list, then bug the right person to get them in.
CoachTerry wrote:

@CoachTerry
To add to Coach Terry. If your meet manager is using Hy-Tek, then they can dump the results into the TRXC database and the performance list will be IMMEDIATELY updated. If the meet manager is not using Hy-Tek or does not dump them in, then the head coach has access to enter the marks manually. Be careful with this because if the meet is already in the system and you put in an entry then that entry will overwrite the first. No problem unless there is a typo involved. See the Class 1 girls 4X4.
Anybody can look at the performance list. It is not just for head coaches or a paid subscription. If you do not see the performance in the list, then bug the right person to get them in.
04/21/2016 11:00:48 PM
User
SUBSCRIBER
@Hays Where can you see the javelin performance lists? I have been looking but can't find them on TRXC.
@Hays
Where can you see the javelin performance lists? I have been looking but can't find them on TRXC.
04/21/2016 11:48:00 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@ThrowersMomSTL http://trxctiming.com/wp2/track-field/track-field-performance-list/class/
@ThrowersMomSTL

http://trxctiming.com/wp2/track-field/track-field-performance-list/class/
04/22/2016 9:01:18 AM
User
SUBSCRIBER
@CoachSwift thank you!
@CoachSwift thank you!
04/25/2016 9:40:03 AM
Coach
That is awesome. I doubt we have had someone that high on the all-time high school list in any event in a long, long time. And to qualify for the OT in high school-WOW. Sean Nunn Raytown South
That is awesome. I doubt we have had someone that high on the all-time high school list in any event in a long, long time.

And to qualify for the OT in high school-WOW.

Sean Nunn
Raytown South
04/25/2016 7:06:24 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@seannunn James White of Grandview jump of 7-5 in 2009 is still the record for HS in-season. Last overall national record holder from Missouri was John Richardson of Miller back in the late 80s in the Javelin. In 1932, Ruth Osborn of Shelbyville went from HS to a silver medal in the discus in the Olympics that same year.
@seannunn
James White of Grandview jump of 7-5 in 2009 is still the record for HS in-season.
Last overall national record holder from Missouri was John Richardson of Miller back in the late 80s in the Javelin.
In 1932, Ruth Osborn of Shelbyville went from HS to a silver medal in the discus in the Olympics that same year.
04/25/2016 10:00:56 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Awesome info Dean. Appreciate it as always.
Awesome info Dean. Appreciate it as always.
04/26/2016 11:25:01 AM
User
SUBSCRIBER
Because it was a javelin and because i'm kind of a stats geek... I looked up John Richardson. He won the AAU Jr Olympics 4 times (that I found) and set 2 National records. In 1985 he threw the disc 147'10" for the gold, and set the national 15/16 record in the javelin at 221' 5". In 1985 he won the Javelin (17/18 boys division)216'5" for the win and in '86 he won the 17/18 division and set the javelin record at 234' 1". He was also a 3-time Javelin all-American at U of Tennessee...
Because it was a javelin and because i'm kind of a stats geek... I looked up John Richardson. He won the AAU Jr Olympics 4 times (that I found) and set 2 National records.

In 1985 he threw the disc 147'10" for the gold, and set the national 15/16 record in the javelin at 221' 5".

In 1985 he won the Javelin (17/18 boys division)216'5" for the win and in '86 he won the 17/18 division and set the javelin record at 234' 1".

He was also a 3-time Javelin all-American at U of Tennessee...

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.