How many coaches do your Class 4/5 track programs have???
11/11/2014 11:27:32 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
We are working on a rationale to ask for another track coaching position. We are a high school of about 1200 kids and we usually have about 70-90 kids (boys and girls combined) out for track. I'm trying to get a very general idea how many coaches are on staff (volunteer and paid) between the boys and girls programs at schools of roughly the same size. This is a very unscientific poll :) Just trying to get an idea how our staff looks compared to others. Thanks, Coach Stone
We are working on a rationale to ask for another track coaching position. We are a high school of about 1200 kids and we usually have about 70-90 kids (boys and girls combined) out for track. I'm trying to get a very general idea how many coaches are on staff (volunteer and paid) between the boys and girls programs at schools of roughly the same size. This is a very unscientific poll :) Just trying to get an idea how our staff looks compared to others.

Thanks,
Coach Stone
11/11/2014 11:30:52 AM
Coach
At Rock Bridge, we have the head coach pay, and four assistant slots paid. Boys and girls combined...approximately 175 athletes.
At Rock Bridge, we have the head coach pay, and four assistant slots paid. Boys and girls combined...approximately 175 athletes.
11/11/2014 11:32:35 AM
Coach
At Ray-South I believe we have 7: one head coach + 6 assistant stipends. That is for boys and girls combined. Our numbers have varied from 70 to 100 athletes the last several years. Also, we have split assistant stipends between people occasionally, so we might have had 7 or 8 assistants, but some of them only received half or two-thirds stipends. Sean Nunn Raytown South
At Ray-South I believe we have 7: one head coach + 6 assistant stipends. That is for boys and girls combined. Our numbers have varied from 70 to 100 athletes the last several years. Also, we have split assistant stipends between people occasionally, so we might have had 7 or 8 assistants, but some of them only received half or two-thirds stipends.

Sean Nunn
Raytown South
11/11/2014 11:38:25 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
email me at lancebrumley@nixaschools.net
email me at lancebrumley@nixaschools.net
11/11/2014 12:07:04 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
We currently have 8 total 7-12th grades. We have 2 head coaches (boys and girls). All told we have 200+ participants many years (most at JH level but with HS numbers rising). At the high school we have 6 coaches but sharing two (.5 each) with the JH so really 5 coaches. In addition, we all chip in to help coach events at the JH level. Our Pole Vault coach and Throws coach are the ones that currently coach 7-12 that is mandated. Just 3 years ago we had 6 total coaches. We still want to add another coach to be full time JH, but it is not looking promising. Hope this helps, Coach Frank De Soto High School
We currently have 8 total 7-12th grades. We have 2 head coaches (boys and girls). All told we have 200+ participants many years (most at JH level but with HS numbers rising). At the high school we have 6 coaches but sharing two (.5 each) with the JH so really 5 coaches. In addition, we all chip in to help coach events at the JH level. Our Pole Vault coach and Throws coach are the ones that currently coach 7-12 that is mandated. Just 3 years ago we had 6 total coaches. We still want to add another coach to be full time JH, but it is not looking promising. Hope this helps,

Coach Frank
De Soto High School
11/11/2014 12:09:37 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
We have 8 coaches (4 boys and 4 girls). The school has around 1,984 kids and we get around 160 out for track combined.
We have 8 coaches (4 boys and 4 girls). The school has around 1,984 kids and we get around 160 out for track combined.
11/11/2014 1:59:36 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
At Jackson we have one head coach for both boys and girls, and 5 school paid assistant coaches. We are also very fortunate to have two fantastic volunteer pole vault coaches that we pay a very small stipend to that comes out of our youth track club account that I run. This is just for the high school. Our junior high staff has one head coach, and two school paid assistant coaches. We have one more "volunteer" coach with the junior high that we also pay a small stipend to from our youth track club account. In summary 8 total high school coaches 4 total junior high coaches
At Jackson we have one head coach for both boys and girls, and 5 school paid assistant coaches. We are also very fortunate to have two fantastic volunteer pole vault coaches that we pay a very small stipend to that comes out of our youth track club account that I run. This is just for the high school. Our junior high staff has one head coach, and two school paid assistant coaches. We have one more "volunteer" coach with the junior high that we also pay a small stipend to from our youth track club account.

In summary
8 total high school coaches
4 total junior high coaches
11/11/2014 5:21:19 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Bottom end. With a 7-12 enrollment of around 100, we have two co-head coaches for HS and one JH coach and we have at least 50 kids out. The co-head coach thing came about when I found a really fast way to get down my stairs and the resulting doc/PT visits meant I needed some help that spring. Asked the board for it and got it.
Bottom end. With a 7-12 enrollment of around 100, we have two co-head coaches for HS and one JH coach and we have at least 50 kids out.
The co-head coach thing came about when I found a really fast way to get down my stairs and the resulting doc/PT visits meant I needed some help that spring. Asked the board for it and got it.
11/12/2014 12:20:18 PM
Coach
@Hays You have 100 kids in your school and 50 of them are out for track? That is crazy. Sean Nunn Raytown South
@Hays

You have 100 kids in your school and 50 of them are out for track? That is crazy.

Sean Nunn
Raytown South
11/12/2014 1:39:13 PM
User
SUBSCRIBER
@seannunn Hardin Central and Polo take track very seriously....
@seannunn
Hardin Central and Polo take track very seriously....
11/12/2014 4:07:13 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
We have 4 coaches for the boys team and 4 coaches for the girls team. We also share a part time coach for pole vault. Both the boys and girls team usually have about 100-110 kids on each team.
We have 4 coaches for the boys team and 4 coaches for the girls team. We also share a part time coach for pole vault. Both the boys and girls team usually have about 100-110 kids on each team.

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.