Lets Keep the Discussion board rolling!!!!!!!
10/28/2014 4:07:02 PM
Admin
SUBSCRIBER
I think that by keeping the discussion board active we will foster more people to come to the site through the winter and thus bring even more people in this spring and maybe just maybe we will get more results. I know its hard to have topics rolling huge here while basketball is going on but there are several things we can hit on in the winter we have some indoor meets, nutrition, off season conditioning, weight training, nov. is early signing period, so there are some things we can hit on along with the Rebeka Stowe "Away" blog we will be running. I also want to thank everyone for encouraging words and the help that people have given to continue to make this site better. This XC season the site has seen HUGE growth the week of Sept. 22/28 we had over 125K hits the largest week ever. and in one day had 30k hits. Last week we had 107K hits. even during track season we never had that many hits in a week or a day. So that right there says something for the number of people using this site because the number of track athletes to XC is almost 3:1 As for getting people to use the site for results some states like Pennsylvania does and Alabama, Maryland and Colorado uses the rankings to qualify for regionals or districts. so if a coach doesnt have results posted in the data base then the kids time essentially does not exist and can not qualify for their regional or district meets
I think that by keeping the discussion board active we will foster more people to come to the site through the winter and thus bring even more people in this spring and maybe just maybe we will get more results. I know its hard to have topics rolling huge here while basketball is going on but there are several things we can hit on in the winter we have some indoor meets, nutrition, off season conditioning, weight training, nov. is early signing period, so there are some things we can hit on along with the Rebeka Stowe "Away" blog we will be running. I also want to thank everyone for encouraging words and the help that people have given to continue to make this site better.

This XC season the site has seen HUGE growth the week of Sept. 22/28 we had over 125K hits the largest week ever. and in one day had 30k hits. Last week we had 107K hits. even during track season we never had that many hits in a week or a day. So that right there says something for the number of people using this site because the number of track athletes to XC is almost 3:1

As for getting people to use the site for results some states like Pennsylvania does and Alabama, Maryland and Colorado uses the rankings to qualify for regionals or districts. so if a coach doesnt have results posted in the data base then the kids time essentially does not exist and can not qualify for their regional or district meets
10/28/2014 8:55:39 PM
User
Coach Jim, It's been great getting on ks.milesplit and seeing all the additions and articles. With State XC heading our way Friday,seniors will be running their last school cross country meet and looking towards college. It will be interesting to see where our Kansas runners will be continuing their running careers. I know you have already starting listing them under the "News" tab. With Nike Heartland Regionals and Foot Locker Midwest Regional coming up, hopefully there will be input from the many athletes and coaches heading that way. I'm sure you're planning on covering those results when they're available. And finally, what would help me greatly would be input from those around the state regarding good indoor track meets around the Midwest. Where could that information be directed... under a specific tab or as a "Discussion." I for one would appreciate that feedback. -dhwj
Coach Jim, It's been great getting on ks.milesplit and seeing all the additions and articles. With State XC heading our way Friday,seniors will be running their last school cross country meet and looking towards college. It will be interesting to see where our Kansas runners will be continuing their running careers. I know you have already starting listing them under the "News" tab.
With Nike Heartland Regionals and Foot Locker Midwest Regional coming up, hopefully there will be input from the many athletes and coaches heading that way. I'm sure you're planning on covering those results when they're available.
And finally, what would help me greatly would be input from those around the state regarding good indoor track meets around the Midwest. Where could that information be directed... under a specific tab or as a "Discussion." I for one would appreciate that feedback. -dhwj
10/28/2014 10:17:58 PM
Admin
SUBSCRIBER
@dh_wj_53 on the calendar tab click indoor and 2015. We will be adding them as we get the info. Personally I know ku, kstate, missouri southern and arkansas have really good ones. That's from experience.
@dh_wj_53 on the calendar tab click indoor and 2015. We will be adding them as we get the info. Personally I know ku, kstate, missouri southern and arkansas have really good ones. That's from experience.
10/28/2014 10:42:44 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
I sure hope we can get a community of users that enjoy using the discussion board. I still miss the good ole days on the Dyestat message boards. I met several great people, runners, coaches, enthusiasts, etc... and it was almost always fun and informative. It would be cool to see so many people active and productive again on these discussion boards. I love talking about our sports with others that share the love and passion. Even when there are hot topics and big disagreements it serves as a way to see things from another's perspective. We can talk about more than just regional assignments and girls 4k vs. 5k. There is so much to discuss and celebrate in this great state with these great sports. I say, chat away! PS- Best of luck to everyone at the state meets this Friday and Saturday!
I sure hope we can get a community of users that enjoy using the discussion board. I still miss the good ole days on the Dyestat message boards. I met several great people, runners, coaches, enthusiasts, etc... and it was almost always fun and informative. It would be cool to see so many people active and productive again on these discussion boards. I love talking about our sports with others that share the love and passion. Even when there are hot topics and big disagreements it serves as a way to see things from another's perspective. We can talk about more than just regional assignments and girls 4k vs. 5k. There is so much to discuss and celebrate in this great state with these great sports. I say, chat away!

PS- Best of luck to everyone at the state meets this Friday and Saturday!
10/28/2014 11:04:21 PM
Admin
SUBSCRIBER
@Wrigs77 well said writs and good luck to everone as well this weekend
@Wrigs77 well said writs and good luck to everone as well this weekend
10/28/2014 11:09:17 PM
User
SUBSCRIBER
@Wrigs77 I think we're already on an upswing...looking forward to it. I am really, really looking forward to watching and helping to cover both of the State meets. Haven't been to a State XC meet since my sister qualified in 2007.
@Wrigs77 I think we're already on an upswing...looking forward to it.

I am really, really looking forward to watching and helping to cover both of the State meets. Haven't been to a State XC meet since my sister qualified in 2007.
10/28/2014 11:39:42 PM
Admin
SUBSCRIBER
@CSercer you honestly have no idea how much I appreciate you doing this too.im sure I speak for a lot of other people for a lot of different reasons too.
@CSercer you honestly have no idea how much I appreciate you doing this too.im sure I speak for a lot of other people for a lot of different reasons too.
10/29/2014 9:55:02 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Good luck to everyone as well! Anyone going to make it to both state meets? I am excited that is a possibility this year! Jim and Sercer- thanks for all you do here. I check this everyday and appreciate the articles, results, etc.
Good luck to everyone as well!

Anyone going to make it to both state meets? I am excited that is a possibility this year!

Jim and Sercer- thanks for all you do here. I check this everyday and appreciate the articles, results, etc.
10/29/2014 10:18:43 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
I am curious about the 6A boys race. As a former 6A coach, I have some background on teams (especially the Centennial League teams, who I'll be pulling for), but what do the "6A Experts" think about the team and individual races. Having raced Blue Valley High once, they looked very impressive, but as defending champs, Manhattan will certainly be in the mix. The home team (Free State) also looks tough, and Garden City makes a nice sleeper. Also, thanks for continuing your commitment to making this site continually better. Between milesplit and the Royals, I am surviving the wait for state!
I am curious about the 6A boys race. As a former 6A coach, I have some background on teams (especially the Centennial League teams, who I'll be pulling for), but what do the "6A Experts" think about the team and individual races. Having raced Blue Valley High once, they looked very impressive, but as defending champs, Manhattan will certainly be in the mix. The home team (Free State) also looks tough, and Garden City makes a nice sleeper.
Also, thanks for continuing your commitment to making this site continually better. Between milesplit and the Royals, I am surviving the wait for state!
10/29/2014 10:42:00 AM
User
SUBSCRIBER
@VikingWiens I am not sure if I am what you would call a "6A expert"...but, without "giving away" my full thoughts, since they will come out with the 6A preview which I have already written, I just wanted to say you basically summed up what I think about the team race. I even used the term "sleeper" like you did. :-)
@VikingWiens I am not sure if I am what you would call a "6A expert"...but, without "giving away" my full thoughts, since they will come out with the 6A preview which I have already written, I just wanted to say you basically summed up what I think about the team race. I even used the term "sleeper" like you did.
10/29/2014 11:05:41 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
I will be at both meets. Cheering and observing at Rim Rock and coaching at Wamego. I love this time of year!
I will be at both meets. Cheering and observing at Rim Rock and coaching at Wamego. I love this time of year!
10/29/2014 11:16:45 AM
Coach
Good luck to everyone this weekend at state. Let's start with 6A girls. Teams in the hunt could be Free State, Olathe East, SM West, Maize and Manhattan. Top individuals could be Venters (Free State), Davis (Olathe East), Walker (Maize). For 6A boys, top teams could be Blue Valley, Free State, Manhattan, Olathe North. Top individuals could be Gorthy (Blue Valley), Melgares (Manhattan), Schroeder (Manhattan), Liston (Free State). 5A Girls top teams could be Aquinas, St. James, Bishop Carroll, Kapaun, Valley Center. Top individuals could be Downey (Aquinas), Jones (St. James), Pigott (Aquinas), Andrews (Kapaun), Flake (Andover). 5A boys top teams could be Aquinas, BV West, Bishop Carroll, BV Southwest. Top Individuals could be McNutt (BV West), Becker (Carroll), Bost (BV West). Weather will be cool and crisp Friday at Rim Rock. Good luck!!!!
Good luck to everyone this weekend at state.
Let's start with 6A girls. Teams in the hunt could be Free State, Olathe East, SM West, Maize and Manhattan. Top individuals could be Venters (Free State), Davis (Olathe East), Walker (Maize). For 6A boys, top teams could be Blue Valley, Free State, Manhattan, Olathe North. Top individuals could be Gorthy (Blue Valley), Melgares (Manhattan), Schroeder (Manhattan), Liston (Free State).
5A Girls top teams could be Aquinas, St. James, Bishop Carroll, Kapaun, Valley Center. Top individuals could be Downey (Aquinas), Jones (St. James), Pigott (Aquinas), Andrews (Kapaun), Flake (Andover). 5A boys top teams could be Aquinas, BV West, Bishop Carroll, BV Southwest. Top Individuals could be McNutt (BV West), Becker (Carroll), Bost (BV West). Weather will be cool and crisp Friday at Rim Rock. Good luck!!!!
10/29/2014 2:19:16 PM
User
SUBSCRIBER
@tfxcman I could not have said it better. Could add SMNW girls to the 6A hunt (even though their best 4k times were on a short course). They were running better a few weeks ago, but seem to have struggled with runners 4-6 as of late. Best wishes to any runner fighting a nagging injury, little cough or stomach bug; hope you run full strength at State. If the Royals can climb the mountain to game 7 of the World Series, anything can happen at State - will an underdog team pull out an improbable win?? Check back this time next week and CSercer will let us know.
@tfxcman I could not have said it better. Could add SMNW girls to the 6A hunt (even though their best 4k times were on a short course). They were running better a few weeks ago, but seem to have struggled with runners 4-6 as of late. Best wishes to any runner fighting a nagging injury, little cough or stomach bug; hope you run full strength at State. If the Royals can climb the mountain to game 7 of the World Series, anything can happen at State - will an underdog team pull out an improbable win?? Check back this time next week and CSercer will let us know.

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.