Class 1 rankings - boys and girls
10/03/2014 5:54:47 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Compiled by @runfasttorunfast Discuss? Boys Class 1 1.St Vincent 2.Hermitage 3.Northeast R-4 4.Lone Jack 5.Kingsville 6.New Haven 7.Marion Early 8.Glasgow 9.Humansville 10. Maysville 1.Seth Brown La Plata 2.Zach McAdams Northeast R4 3.Dustin Shoemaker Humansville 4.Riley Gorham Hardin-Central 5.Max Ostmeyer Mc Auley Cathlic 6.Keeton Wheeler Marion C. Early 7.Michael Walling Maysville 8.Tristan Eaton Sparta 9.Levi Krauss St Vincent 10.Hayden Hackman Glasgow Girls Class 1 1.Glasgow 2.Salisbury 3.Crystal City 4.Dora 5.Drexel 6.Mound City 7.North Platte 8.Couch 9.Columbia Independent 10.Lone Jack 1.Alessandra Moss Couch 2.Abby Draffen Glasgow 3.Kendey Eaton Mound City 4.Savannah Ratliff Salsbury 5.Caitlyn Yung Glasgow 6.Kristin STockhorst Glasgow 7.Autumn Baker Chamois 8.Camrie Feinberg La Plata 9.Ryleigh Reagon Dekalb 10.Madilyn Lyons New Franklin
Compiled by @runfasttorunfast

Discuss?

Boys Class 1
1.St Vincent
2.Hermitage
3.Northeast R-4
4.Lone Jack
5.Kingsville
6.New Haven
7.Marion Early
8.Glasgow
9.Humansville
10. Maysville

1.Seth Brown La Plata
2.Zach McAdams Northeast R4
3.Dustin Shoemaker Humansville
4.Riley Gorham Hardin-Central
5.Max Ostmeyer Mc Auley Cathlic
6.Keeton Wheeler Marion C. Early
7.Michael Walling Maysville
8.Tristan Eaton Sparta
9.Levi Krauss St Vincent
10.Hayden Hackman Glasgow

Girls Class 1
1.Glasgow
2.Salisbury
3.Crystal City
4.Dora
5.Drexel
6.Mound City
7.North Platte
8.Couch
9.Columbia Independent
10.Lone Jack

1.Alessandra Moss Couch
2.Abby Draffen Glasgow
3.Kendey Eaton Mound City
4.Savannah Ratliff Salsbury
5.Caitlyn Yung Glasgow
6.Kristin STockhorst Glasgow
7.Autumn Baker Chamois
8.Camrie Feinberg La Plata
9.Ryleigh Reagon Dekalb
10.Madilyn Lyons New Franklin
10/03/2014 8:15:11 AM
Admin
Claire Workman
Claire Workman
10/03/2014 8:56:40 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
If Riley Gorham is worse than 2nd or 3rd in the Class 1 Boy's Race I'll be shocked. That kid has been running very well this season and has beaten some kids who will most likely be Class 3 All-Staters along the way. We will get a chance to see him 1st hand tomorrow for the first time this season. Tristan Eaton of Sparta should probably be in the top 5 on your list, as well. He beat Keaton Wheeler head-to-head at Nixa about a week ago by almost :30. As Paul mentioned, Claire Workman is the hands down favorite in the Class 1 Girl's Race. She ran sub 19:30 on a challenging Hermitage course last weekend. I agree with St. Vincent and Hermitage currently being at the top of the team race. That will be a race to watch that I look forward to seeing on Nov. 8th. Call it a hunch, but I think whoever gets out of Class 1 District 5 with Hermitage (Marion C Early or Humansville) could very well sneak into that 4th spot. I'd also never count out Sparta to make a run at the podium in Class 1 Boy's either. They've been there so many times it just seems like commonplace for them anymore. On the girl's team side, I am not sure what to think... There is a course that the validity was questioned on here and the top girl's teams in the Class 1 rankings(in the database) all ran on that course. Most of the girls ran :45-1:30 faster on that course than they've ran on any other course this season (as did some of the top boys who ran on that course), so it makes it really tough to judge. Also, Glasgow (who has some very good young ladies) has 1 girl listed twice for their team score in the database (spelled Kristen once and Kristin another time) which inflates their score tremendously in the database rankings. I'd say Salisbury, Crystal City, and Dora are probably the top 3 right now in no particular order. Not trying to stir the pot, just some of my random thoughts and observations... Good luck to all this weekend and in the coming weeks!
If Riley Gorham is worse than 2nd or 3rd in the Class 1 Boy's Race I'll be shocked. That kid has been running very well this season and has beaten some kids who will most likely be Class 3 All-Staters along the way. We will get a chance to see him 1st hand tomorrow for the first time this season. Tristan Eaton of Sparta should probably be in the top 5 on your list, as well. He beat Keaton Wheeler head-to-head at Nixa about a week ago by almost :30.

As Paul mentioned, Claire Workman is the hands down favorite in the Class 1 Girl's Race. She ran sub 19:30 on a challenging Hermitage course last weekend.

I agree with St. Vincent and Hermitage currently being at the top of the team race. That will be a race to watch that I look forward to seeing on Nov. 8th. Call it a hunch, but I think whoever gets out of Class 1 District 5 with Hermitage (Marion C Early or Humansville) could very well sneak into that 4th spot. I'd also never count out Sparta to make a run at the podium in Class 1 Boy's either. They've been there so many times it just seems like commonplace for them anymore.

On the girl's team side, I am not sure what to think... There is a course that the validity was questioned on here and the top girl's teams in the Class 1 rankings(in the database) all ran on that course. Most of the girls ran :45-1:30 faster on that course than they've ran on any other course this season (as did some of the top boys who ran on that course), so it makes it really tough to judge. Also, Glasgow (who has some very good young ladies) has 1 girl listed twice for their team score in the database (spelled Kristen once and Kristin another time) which inflates their score tremendously in the database rankings. I'd say Salisbury, Crystal City, and Dora are probably the top 3 right now in no particular order.

Not trying to stir the pot, just some of my random thoughts and observations...

Good luck to all this weekend and in the coming weeks!
10/03/2014 9:04:13 AM
User
Don’t know how missed Clair Workman. She should definitely be at the top of the list.
Don't know how missed Clair Workman. She should definitely be at the top of the list.
10/03/2014 11:56:03 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@GVEaglesXC Riley Gorham would be on about any team I can think of in just about any teams Top 4-5 boys in ANY class. He has to be mentioned in the running for the Class 1 title but I do not know if that is a surprise, I think he was second last year at state but is VASTLY improved. Watched him run at Smithville and the cat flat at throws it down and vends it. I think in the end Mound City may be better than they show. If they get some volleyball girls to districts to run XC they could move up. No one is going to beat Workman in Class 1 unless she is sick, injured, trampled at the start, etc...
@GVEaglesXC
Riley Gorham would be on about any team I can think of in just about any teams Top 4-5 boys in ANY class. He has to be mentioned in the running for the Class 1 title but I do not know if that is a surprise, I think he was second last year at state but is VASTLY improved. Watched him run at Smithville and the cat flat at throws it down and vends it.

I think in the end Mound City may be better than they show. If they get some volleyball girls to districts to run XC they could move up.

No one is going to beat Workman in Class 1 unless she is sick, injured, trampled at the start, etc...
10/03/2014 12:55:13 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@speced I agree with you, I was merely addressing the original post which has Riley 4th by saying if he is any worse than 2 or 3 I'd be shocked. I agree he has a shot to win, as well; however, Seth Brown is very good, too.
@speced
I agree with you, I was merely addressing the original post which has Riley 4th by saying if he is any worse than 2 or 3 I'd be shocked. I agree he has a shot to win, as well; however, Seth Brown is very good, too.
10/03/2014 2:14:26 PM
User
I was very impressed with the combo Summit/NCA girls team at the Nixa Inv. I realize I have been out of the loop for a number of years, but watching that front 3 run with the girls from Springfield Catholic made me think they could be a force at state.
I was very impressed with the combo Summit/NCA girls team at the Nixa Inv.

I realize I have been out of the loop for a number of years, but watching that front 3 run with the girls from Springfield Catholic made me think they could be a force at state.
10/04/2014 2:30:44 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Riley Gorham did not disappoint this morning. He looked smooth and ran a solo 16:37 to win the Grain Valley Invitational this morning. There were also 3 other Class 1 Boys under 18:00, 1 from Smithton and 2 from Kingsville. Great job guys!
Riley Gorham did not disappoint this morning. He looked smooth and ran a solo 16:37 to win the Grain Valley Invitational this morning. There were also 3 other Class 1 Boys under 18:00, 1 from Smithton and 2 from Kingsville. Great job guys!

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.